A solutions engineer capable of working in desktop, mobile or web spaces and specializing in rapid adaptation and acquisition of knowledge. I am interested in positions where I can affect positive change for quality, expand ...
Dan has a StackSplit score of 70. The StackSplit score is a measure of how diverse a candidate's experience is across the stack, and is based on the following attributes:
Some attributes cannot be categorized and are not factored into the overall score.
A solutions engineer capable of working in desktop, mobile or web spaces and specializing in rapid adaptation and acquisition of knowledge. I am interested in positions where I can affect positive change for quality, expand my knowledge and skills in design and requirements gathering, as well as mentor and be mentored in the art of programming, testing and design.
I specialize in learning new languages on the fly for use with current solutions, software design (embedded, application and web service), implementation and testing, test suite and tool development as well as design and code review.
Consultant, CrawlorSoft Software
- Creation of custom web application, mobile and desktop software.
- Vetting of incoming inquiries for technical debt reduction and assistance.
- Identification of existing technical debt for clients.
- Planning and implementation of technical debt elimination strategy.
Senior Engineer, Synacor
- Facilitates open and honest discussion during team retrospectives and meetings, while keeping them on track.
- Presented solutions for eliminating technical debt including team proposals, software architecture and test plans.
- Responsible for the adaptation and modification of existing portal code in PHP.
Senior Software Developer, Merge Healthcare
- Framework development utilizing Java, CXF, Maven, JSP, WS-* Standards,
- Responsible for requirements gathering, design and estimation of Java portion of iConnect Core framework.
- Responsible for management of build system and creation of metric reporting for management.
- Responsible for suggesting, designing of tools to facilitate the use of the iConnect Core framework by internal and external developers.
- Facilitates less experienced developers in learning Java, web services in Java and specifically CXF.
- Lead Java developer on iConnect Core team.
Software Developer, Research In Motion
- Full stack developer utilizing C, C++, Java, Python, Shell Scripting, SQL, JSON, ActionScript
- Designed & led the initial development of a distributed testing framework..
- Responsible for creation of engineering screens for setup / use of internal projects.
- Designed and implemented a board level test suite for the firmware portion of the Advanced Accessories team.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the WiFi portion of the Advanced Accessories project
- Designed and implemented remote testing system to deliver, execute and report results from test libraries designed to test all levels of prototype stack.
- Worked on blue tooth drivers for device.
Software Developer, TVWorks
- Middleware developer in an embedded Java environment utilizing: Java, Maven, Ant, Git, Python, PyTk
- Acting as a team lead on several agile development teams.
- Minimized context switching for teammates by participating in most bug and OCAP ECN calls for the team.
- Designed, implemented, created test plans and implemented tests for several areas of the TVWorks code base.
- Designed and led a multi-team implementation effort for a new data management system in the final months of TVWorks.
- Constantly worked to improve procedures, processes and documentation efforts to minimize the negative affects to the team while maximizing their usefulness to management.
Software Developer, Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
- Full stack web & application developer utilizing: PHP, CSS, HTML, VB, SQL Server 2000, VS .NET
- Modification of in house applications to support the new Health Privacy legislation introduction
- Creation of an application to ease the mailing of privacy questionnaires to affected institutions.
- Creation of the first version of the online statistics gathering system for privacy information to affected institutions.
Human Cannonball, Net Integration Technologies
- Full stack developer working in an embedded linux environment utilizing: C, C++, Python, Qt Toolkit, MySQL, Shell Scripting
- Fixed numerous defects throughout the wvstreams library.
- Created the initial version of the UniConf configuration system.
- Created the initial UniKonf GUI for managing UniConf.
- Created several scripts for backup of critical information.
Dan Taylor has not added any code samples yet.
Dan Taylor has not added any portfolio entries yet.
31 E. Center Street, #200-C
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72704